Fishing couple

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by BrettG, Sep 5, 2005.

1. BrettG

BrettG TPF Noob!

Got this shot on one of my last days in Alaska this summer. My dad, me, and these two went on a trip up to Prudhoe Bay, and on the way back we stopped for some fishing:

[​IMG]

Only thing I really don't like is the reflection in the water next to the man, I feel it's kind of obtrusive

2. PetersCreek

PetersCreek TPF Noob!

I quite like the image the way it is. I did a quick and dirty job in PhotoShop (hope you don't mind) to minimize that bright spot. I cloned it out using the reflection from between the two as a source and I toned down the flare on his sleeve.

[​IMG]

It could be my clone job...or maybe it's just me...but I think the the image loses something for not having that bright point.

Take it from an Alaskan...and a fellow Brett...very nice image.

3. BrettG

BrettG TPF Noob!

Now that I see it that way, you're right, it does seem to add something to the picture.

Where's Peters Creek? We spent a week driving from Fairbanks to Prudhoe Bay. Covered more ground in that week than I have in my entire life in my home state, and I still couldn't get enough!

4. PetersCreek

PetersCreek TPF Noob!

Peters Creek is a few miles outside of Anchorage, just north of Eagle River. I haven't yet made the drive you did. There's enough Alaska to keep you busy for a lifetime.