TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
soundinsights.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
wavepier2.jpg

fountain2.jpg

Wow, what is that fiery thing we see in the second photo? I take it, it is a fountain with orange lights (very nice against that early morning sky!). Where is it and why do I see walls around it? Is it in a kind of pool?

How come you spent half of the night and the early morning near that pier? Were you waiting to be going out fishing, too?

Yep, it is a fountain lit with LED lights. It is a new pier and I knew I wanted to take some shots of it, so I got out really early for a few mornings to experiment. :)

Wow! You have a crazy nice fishing pier out there...and you captured it beautifully.
Question, what settings did you use on the first one? I'm assuming a high aperture or less likely a starlight filter. (I would like to do some more night shooting myself)

What do you mean by "high aperture"?
The trick in night photography is to use a SMALL aperture (big number! like f16, for example) and therefore a long exposure (15, 20, even 30 seconds) and the star effect will lend itself to any light source, as the aperture blades will create it (most light falling through the tiny opening, and some through the overlapping blades). So there is no need for any filters. The small aperture alone does the whole trick.

Wow! You have a crazy nice fishing pier out there...and you captured it beautifully.
Question, what settings did you use on the first one? I'm assuming a high aperture or less likely a starlight filter. (I would like to do some more night shooting myself)

Thanks, and Lafoto is exactly right on the technical aspects of small apertures and the star effect.

The first one was shot at f22, 25 seconds.

Sorry, that is what I meant, an aperture with a higher number.

Great shots! The second one is a great capture with some beautiful colors.

Most reactions

Back