Fist macro attempts

deb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I finally decided to see what all the macro madness was about. Took these shots, handheld. The only thing that has been done to them is resizing. Tell me how to improve, what I did wrong and hopefully something I did right.

Honey bee on the daffodil:
Pict1727.jpg

Honey bee after collecting pollen (on his head, feet and body):
Pict1728.jpg

Some of the white pedals look washed out. How about a tighter crop of on the yellow and the bee. The bee definattley needs more attention than what hes been given. If you can crop tight enough to make a large image without losing the detail of the bee that would (bee) cool.

Buzzing good shot though with all the pollen on the bee.

Good job

Great close crop, 1st pic sets the scene, crop pic shows off with the loot.

Nice pics, good colour (gentle yellow) and detail

makes me wanna buzzzzzzzzzz lol

I like the close crop.
What about a Hazy panel to break the hard light?
Can you give more technical details on your equipment?

Last weekend I was trying to catch some bees, but they were too fast. I couldn't get a single good shot like yours. :(

I was using a Minolta 7i, F 9.5, 1/350th sec shutter speed, 100 iso, flex point focus, available light.

The shot was a spur of the moment thing. I'd never done macro shots before and just had the urge to try it. Here are a couple more.

Pict1732.jpg

Pict1731.jpg

I realize the lighting is harsh, as the sun was extremely bright. The only consideration I gave to the lighting was to make sure I didn't cast a harsh shadow with my body or the camera.

Deb the quality of your shots is amazing!! I like those shots. If I were you I'd be scared of the bee :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back