Fist try at Photoshop

OK, here is my final product. I also included the before picture so you can see what I started with. I just played with the feathering and shadows. I also flipped the nikon emblem and cloned out the fingers in the lens.

FinalProduct.jpg

PictureorVideo138.jpg

good for a first attempt but still quite choppy, try read the article I posted (links on previous page) its an excerpt from Hot to cheat in photoshop

good for a first attempt but still quite choppy, try read the article I posted (links on previous page) its an excerpt from Hot to cheat in photoshop

IMO, that's wasted money. The guy is obviously not going to be pro at selecting things out of a photo right away. With some time and practice it'll be easier and 10x faster for him.

I can't find what you guys are talking about when you say "masking".

I can't find what you guys are talking about when you say "masking".

"In art, masking is using materials to protect areas from change, or to focus change on other areas."

With photoshop, you use layer masking. In this case, you have 2 layers; one is the selected area (the background already removed). The 2nd would be a copy of the 1st layer. While on the 2nd layer, look at the bottom right section where the layer panel is. Hover over each until you find "add layer mask" towards the bottom. This converts the layer into a mask that you can delete/show in some parts, but not in others. Grab the brush tool and press D on your keyboard to have it reset the brush colors to black (foreground) and white (background). Now, if you paint over that layer mask with black, it will delete that portion of the layer. If you paint over it again with white, it will bring it back.

This is used for when you want to change a picture but keep some parts of it unchanged. Ex: If you took a crappy shot with not depth of field, you can copy the picture as a new layer, blur that layer, add a layer mask, and delete the blur from the subject. Don't go using this to cheat, though. :p

If you're still confused or want more tips IM me on AIM (Felicis90) or send me a PM.

I just got the Photoshop Bible for CS4 from my local library. Its a very comprehensive book and has a CD with tutorials on it. I may end up buying it ( its like $50 new but its huge! )

Thanks for all your help guys

That Topaz Plug In looks awesome. I have quite a few of their other products and love them.... I'll probably download the masking tool here shortly.

That Topaz Plug In looks awesome. I have quite a few of their other products and love them.... I'll probably download the masking tool here shortly.
what sorry?

As far as my knowledge allows me to understand, Topaz CHARGE for their products, I do hope you mean you will buy it, or atleast you mean you will TRY the test version...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back