Fix an old D80?

fmw

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.foodieforums.com
I have a D80 that I used for my tabletop product setup. This morning it failed. I get an error code that nothing will fix. I found a D7000 on Amazon for $450 and it should be here Monday. My question is does it make any sense to get the old D80 fixed or should I just trash it? Any experience with Nikon repairs out there? Thanks.

I went to my local pawn shop this past weekend. Nikon D70 $69. Nikon D70s, $79. Nikon D80, $89. I view the D80 and D90 as complete throw-aways now whenever they conk out.

I figured as much. The D7000 looks like it works the same as the D80 so there shouldn't be much down time learning the new camera. Thanks.

D7000 is a nice camera at 16mp. Great features (and video). I had one for a couple of years. I sold it before it depreciated way too much. lol

It was a lot better than the D70 I recall having.

I got a fully depreciated one, I think. Nikon is closing out what is left of their inventory. I think it will be fine. It will be used just for internet product photos. If I could hook up a smart phone to by strobes, I would probably get by.

Any chance of that error code clearing out if you leave it for a day or two without a battery?

Also, you will love th D7000. I know I love mine. VERY capable body.

Last edited:
The D7000 arrived today. I was pleased to find out that it operates about like the old D80. It has features I never imagined anybody wanted. I hooked up my strobes and got some work done with it today. It will work just fine for its intended application.

The D7000 arrived today. I was pleased to find out that it operates about like the old D80. It has features I never imagined anybody wanted. I hooked up my strobes and got some work done with it today. It will work just fine for its intended application.

My favorite feature of the D7000 is the U1 and U2 settings. Love having my own custom presets on the fly.

Most reactions

Back