Fix This ?

BananaRepublic

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a problem and the odds are against me I need the, Adobe team, nah na nut nah.

Anyway how do I fix the stupid bit at the bottom of the shoe thats stupid.

I am having difficulty selecting the point where the shoe ends and the rest begins and if you look closely at the toe end of the right shoe there is some of the background bleeding into the colour section, notice the green.

I have made several attempts to fix this but every-time there something unnatural about it. you might need to download and look at it in preview, the quality of the posted photo isn't high enough to do zoom though.

Fix.jpg

Last edited:

Not a very useful description of what you need help with. The bottom of the shoe to me is where the toes are and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them.
Are you referring to the camera left shoes strap on the left side where it is almost looped?

Not a very useful description of what you need help with. The bottom of the shoe to me is where the toes are and there doesn't seem to be anything wrong with them.
Are you referring to the camera left shoes strap on the left side where it is almost looped?

No although I will look at that there as you mentioned it What Im speaking of is the right shoe , as your viewing it. I am having difficulty selecting the point where the shoe ends and the rest begins and if you look closely at the toe end of the right shoe there is some of the background bleeding into the colour section, notice the green.

I have made several attempts to fix this but every-time there something unnatural about it. you might need to download and look at it in preview, the quality of the posted photo isn't high enough to do zoom though.

Select that area, then desaturate the green channel.

Or, blow it way up, grab the clone tool with set it to Max Hardness and create the edge where you want it. I would drag the wane as opposed to single clicking.

Do you think this would be very noticeable printed, Should it be possible to get this right.

Select that area, then desaturate the green channel.

I will try that

Or, blow it way up, grab the clone tool with set it to Max Hardness and create the edge where you want it. I would drag the wane as opposed to single clicking.

Sounds like a hatchet job I know cause Ive done it before

Are you using layer masks?
Yes but I have found it hard to get a clean selection just around the curve it always look odd in the end.

Yes but I have found it hard to get a clean selection just around the curve it always look odd in the end.
Are you using a feathered brush or a brush with a hard edge?

Also you can use a layer mask to make selective color adjustments as well. I prefer to use an inverted Color Balance layer mask, paint over the spots where I need to change the color to match the area around it, and then make adjustments to those spots by adjusting the adjustment sliders until it matches.

Very easy to select this shape with the pen tool, inverse your selection and desaturate with the brush tool.

Or select the shoe with the pen tool, create a layer mask and remove the color.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back