Fixed focal length lens

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I do not own own nor have used one. I am thinking about purchasing something, any suggestions? I want something I can use in studio/ on location that will give me some nice depth. I have a Nikon

And the best reasons for prime lenses would be a) low light photography and b) shallow depth of field. Both deriving from the same feature. A prime lens lacks zooming technology and leaves more room for the aperture. Wider apertures. Faster lenses with shallower DOF's.

I don´t really understand what you´re asking...or why?
Your website has plenty of fine studio shots...yours? If so, then why are you asking us what you seem to know (or should) already.
By "depth" I guess you mean depth-of-field...do some testing with whatever you have and the aperture f-stops. Up fairly close, it´s (basically) just a matter of the angle of the lens and the f-stop.
If you are looking for something extremely professional (and different), you could consider middle or large-formant with it´s tilt and shift facilities, or consider the software from Helicon Focus (c. €50) which can seamlessly blend shots with the focus set at different points...to make things appear to have incredible depth...

Last edited:
I don´t really understand what you´re asking...or why?
Your website has plenty of fine studio shots...yours? If so, then why are you asking us what you seem to know (or should) already.
By "depth" I guess you mean depth-of-field...do some testing with whatever you have and the aperture f-stops. Up fairly close, it´s (basically) just a matter of the angle of the lens and the f-stop.
If you are looking for something extremely professional (and different), you could consider middle or large-formant with it´s tilt and shift facilities, or consider the software from Helicon Focus (c. €50) which can seamlessly blend shots with the focus set at different points...to make things appear to have incredible depth...

Yes the studio shots are mine, just getting peoples opinion on a new toy. Yes I was talking about DOF and something different would be nice

The 85mm f/1.8 is amazing, much more useful then the 50mm IMO.

I love the 85mm f/1.8.

The next on my list is the 105mm f/2.8 Micro.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back