Fixing a camera

Artemis

Just Punked Himself
Reaction score
Website
www.falcon-eye.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
My uncle just came by and bought me a camera that was busted by mistake...apparently he dropped it not so far from the floor but it just wont work...hes tried new batteries and everything, and the shop told him he'd have to pay about £150, when the cam is only a very old 1.3 mp.

I was wondering if anyone had any knowledge of how to attempt repairing it...its an Olympus d-340R and it appears in ok condition...and I don't need to repair it for him, he just thought it might help me on my course...so whatcha guys think? anyone know how to do this?

Tah :)

You'll need an oscillograph and the layout of the camera's electronics. My guess, you don't have either of them.

Just let it go, it's a cadaver.

hah that's what I'm going to study: electronics :) first of all you have to open it :) and see what's going on... if something electronical inside is broken - let it go and forget about the cam :) if only some of the paths are cut you can easily solder it :)

If it's a dead camera, open it up and see what it may be. If you can't fix it... it's still a dead camera. If you do fix it, you saved the day and are a hero.

So you can't make it more dead by trying to fix it yourself. It's a shame these digitals are so delicate.

paul rond said:
If it's a dead camera, open it up and see what it may be. If you can't fix it... it's still a dead camera. If you do fix it, you saved the day and are a hero.

So you can't make it more dead by trying to fix it yourself. It's a shame these digitals are so delicate.

Ditto that.

Arti, the first thing you need to do is... take this cam and shake it. If you feel something is loose there... shake it again and chek if those things are going to fell through the hole in lens... :D

Does the shutter fire at all? I know my dad busted his camera and just assumed it didnt work, but the shutter still fired and the LCD was all that was broken

Start with the battery contacts and power if it doesn't perform the startup routine - my Olympus digital goes ding when it starts up and the lens moves forward (I don't know what yours is meant to do).

Then if you can get it apart without breaking it, track from where the battery contacts start onto the main circuit boards. Anything smaller level will be a bit of a nightmare and require specific component knowledge.

If that doesn't work, take it apart into the smallest pieces you can and make a sculpture out of it!!

R

Most reactions

Back