Fixing horizons

Discussion in 'Graphics Programs and Photo Gallery' started by gravespinner, Sep 27, 2005.

1. gravespinner

gravespinner TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Is there a preferred way to use Photoshop to straighten a photo that requires several degrees of rotation. I have tried both cropping using perspective and using the arbitrary rotation and then cropping. I found the rotation and then subsequent cropping to be easier, but I don't know if there is an easier way or if there is a difference in outcome.

2. thebeginning

thebeginning TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    the best way to do it perfectly is to open the image in photoshop (obviously), click the button for the eyedropper tool and hold it down to open the other tools in that tab, and click 'measure tool'. then click on one side of the horizon, hold the mouse down, and drag it to the other end of the horizon, creating a line across the general horizon line. then let go of the mouse when you are happy with it and go to image>rotate canvas>arbitrary. it will have already input the exact numbers for you to get it perfectly level. then just crop to your hearts content. is that what you were asking? it doesnt really matter how you do it, some like to rotate it manually by using the edit>transform>rotate tool. it's all basically the same outcome though.

3. woodsac

woodsac TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I do it the same way :thumbup: