Flag Football C+C

docphotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I gave "action shots" a try and it was a humbling experience to say the least haha. It was definitely a lot harder than I thought it was going to be! If anyone has any pointers on the following that'd be great. My main issues were tracking the ball, getting my focus right on the subject, and FRAMING! a lot of limbs and such being cut off. I went from "one shot" to "AI servo" which helped me focus, but that also meant I'd lose my focus if my friend made a quick move or something. practice practice practice I suppose. Sorry about the background, there was construction everywhere

I gotta say, I'm really impressed with how much I've been able to crop with the 50D, I guess the few extra MP can come in handy.
1)

3979230566_c5fdc935c8_b.jpg

2)

3982239079_97a2e155c7_o.jpg

3)
3979229736_9a9d1d3803_b.jpg

4)

3979232304_d37a56cb0e_b.jpg

they looked pretty focused to me lol

i'm not even sure what to say about these... prob just gotta take a bunch of snaps and hope you get a handful of good ones..

one thing i do when i try stuff like this is change my autofocus point... normally i have it so it focuses on the middle dot, but for stuff like this... i change it to one of the side ones... so i can just focus and shoot and have good composition, since you don't have time to focus, reframe, shoot

I think you have good subjects, but the color and composition need a bit of work.

1. Why did you crop his arm off? That's distracting. The OOF player on the left is distracting too. Make him sharp, or way blurrier

2. A wider aperture would have put the mound of dirt OOF, and that would have brought more attention to the player. The fact that you're shooting in the middle of the day (I'm guessing) means that the colors are a bit flat. You might be able to improve this in PS. I really like the subject's body position. Gives a great sense of action.

#4 the blue car takes too much attention away from the subject in the blue shirt.

Thanks for the tips! I actually didn't crop #1, he just put a good juke and I couldn't frame the shot well, but the other guy in the back was a defender who was "left in the dust... again" (that's the caption).

What do you think I can do in photoshop? I have CS4, just haven't had the time to learn it yet!

Most reactions

Back