Flash for Canon 6D to use during wedding and reception

creativelyfive

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just starting my venture with wedding photography...What recommendations would you have for flash to be used during the wedding and reception? I will be using a Canon 6D. I assume a flash bracket would be recommended? As far as my budget goes....I really need to stay as cheap as possible without buying complete junk or just wasting my money on something that isn't effective. Also, any suggestions for flash accessories that are a must for use at weddings?? Suggestions please!!

flash brackets can be a love/hate kinda topic here...I use one sometimes when i want to get the flash up a little higher, but im too mobile for OCF...(also so I can tilt the flash upright when i am in portrait orientation)
some venues (most churches) dont allow flash to be used during the ceremony. sometimes though, (like the wedding I shot at the Tampa Aquarium) you have no choice but to use flash for everything. (almost no lighting except for sparsely placed purple and blue spotlights)
for $180 you can get the yongnuo 568EX flash brand new, which is TTL and HSS compatible. I have a few of them for Nikon and LOVE them with the yongnuo 622n triggers. if you dont think you will need HSS, the YN565 is cheaper and will also TTL.
I usually have my flash on manual, but all of my flashes are TTL compatible just for the convenience...sometimes when you are moving around differently lit locations a lot, TTL flash is just easier. It could also be because sometimes I just feel lazy.

I also highly recommend a good bounce card or small softbox for your flash. I use a medium or large Rogue Flashbender most of the time. i also have a small softbox for when i either cannot bounce the flash, or i want a more direct light but still diffused.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back