Flash for Sony Alpha 7

vcuhockeygirl

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi All!

I recently bought the Sony A7 and I am looking for a flash for the camera. I am a Nikon girl and have 2 Nikon speedlights and have no idea what flash I need to get for the Sony A7. I would be using the flash on camera as well as off camera in the studio. What equipment do you recommend? Should I get a radio flash?

Thanks for any suggestions!

Hi All!

I recently bought the Sony A7 and I am looking for a flash for the camera. I am a Nikon girl and have 2 Nikon speedlights and have no idea what flash I need to get for the Sony A7. I would be using the flash on camera as well as off camera in the studio. What equipment do you recommend? Should I get a radio flash?

Thanks for any suggestions!

I know this is dated as hell...but I had a Nikon SB-910, and I just went ahead and sold it. The reason is that I had read that the adapter that you would have to use comes loose on the Sony, and you might drop the flash. I went ahead and purchased the [h=1]Sony HVLF43M High Power Flash with Quick Shift Bounce (Black)[/h]

flash, and it works like a charm.

Last edited:
I know gsgary but I read a report that the adapter fits loose and it bad enough that it could had dropped the flash off the camera....otherwise you're right!

Most reactions

Back