Flash Help

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by ac16, Mar 26, 2010.

1. ac16

ac16 TPF Noob!

Happy Friday to all.

I have a Canon 30D, and just purchased my first external flash - a Sunpak PZ24X. I'm having a heck of a time figuring this thing out, and the two pages of English instruction in the "manual" is zero help.

I've only been able to get the flash to fire once. I'm not sure if I bumped a setting somehow, or what. But I've spent three hours fiddling with it, and scouring the internet looking for tips.

Before I conclude I have a bad unit, I figure I should make sure the problem isn't between the camera and the wall behind me.

Perhaps no one out there has this flash or camera/flash combo - but maybe someone has some general idea of what I possibly could have done or am not doing to make the flash not fire. Go easy on me.. I'm green :D

2. Ron Evers

Ron Evers Been spending a lot of time on here!

In the country just north of Toronto, Canada
    Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Make sure it is properly fitted in the hotshoe - pushed all the way forward & locked down.

3. myfotoguy

myfotoguy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Did you mean PZ42X?

Only think I can suggest is that sometimes the batteries that come with it (if they are removeable rechargeable type) might need to get a fresh charge (depending on what kind they are).

You might try different batteries in it. I know, that might be an obvious thing, but thought I would mention it.

4. fokker

fokker No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Yeah first thing I would check is the batteries.

5. mr sussex

mr sussex TPF Noob!

I don't know if this unit has a slave or wireless function, but if it has it needs to be turned off.