Flash Photography - A lot more into it than I thought...

I have an SB700 a SB910 and a pr of yn565ex. The Nikon flashes will access all the camera's features and the Yongnuo most of them. The Nikon flashes are better but, the Yongnuo is a solid product.

what features exactly can the YN565EX and/or YN568EX not access?

I have a Nikon SB-700 and I've only used it in manual..I don't think I've ever used the I-TTL feature. Everything I've learned so far about using flash has been in manual. I'm going to be purchasing a Yongnuo flash soon. I have their wireless triggers and love them.

Neewer VK750 II I-TTL flashes are 55 bucks on amazon. I bought a second one I like mine so much, works great on and off camera and does exactly what I need it to do.

You can use your on camera flash turned down to low power to trigger the speedlights, when you camera flashs goes off it fires the speedlights as long as you have the speedlight and your on camera flash in the right mode it works great.

If your looking to get inexpensive flashes I think these are the way to go, I have never used a high end speedlight before so I am not really sure how much more you can do with those but I these work for me. I don't need anything better and its very easy to use.

Went ahead and ordered the Neewer for $65. I do appreciate all of your recommendations and time responding. As the nikon flash would be ideal, I can't make anymore hundred dollar purchases until I make more $$$... At this time I have just started a "business" in which I will be charging people for photoshoots, so we will see where that goes and what equipment I obtain in the near future! :)

Most reactions

Back