Flash stop motion, need help.....

Didn't notice the ISO had been that high, was trying to entertain a group of Boy Scouts venturing into photography. We were trying to have some fun! If you can call guarding equipment from 11 year old's fun!......We will retry this again in a more professional manner. I figured it was operator error......Thanks, Mike :mrgreen:

Yes Flash Harry, flash does freeze a subject... it does so because the flash of light occurs at a tiny precise instant thus almost all of the exposure is completed within that tiny instant.

However, as we have been discussing, there are variations. For example, if he was shooting in HSS/FP then there would have been a bunch of those little instants thus getting rid of the freezing ability of flash (because the flash would be firing throughout the entire exposure).

Also, typically with monoblocs (as we have discussed) the flash duration is much slower than that of a speedlight, and they are even slower still if you shoot with less power. (I believe this is due to the arc they have to make in order to keep the same color of flash... but I could be mistaken).

So glad you decided to educate me, did I mention HSS/FP, no, Flash, 1 burst, cheers for the HU but input not required. H

Most reactions

Back