Flash Sync Problem

It's out of focus. I shot at 1.4. The DoF is so shallow it appears as motion, but is out of focus. Had motion blur occurred, the balloon would have been moving at the point of impact, especially with a knife that sharp

It's out of focus. I shot at 1.4. The DoF is so shallow it appears as motion, but is out of focus. Had motion blur occurred, the balloon would have been moving at the point of impact, especially with a knife that sharp

That's bull**** first shot nothing is in focus because of motion blur, my first shot was F9 and second F11 you have proven nothing

Whoa whoa man. No need to get so mad. We are just talking theories here.

Scientifically speaking, the more variables you have the more errors that can occur. So, since we were talking about a change in shutter speed, I kept everything except shutter speed the same (with the exception of ISO so that I could correctly expose).

And based on more scientific principles, the DoF is, on a FF 5D, at 85mm, with a subject distance of 3 ft, is about 0.5 inches (and I'm being generous) at f/1.4. That knife is about 8 inches long and my hand is coming from the front. That gives significant reason to believe that everything is out of focus at that working difference.

Just because you think you're right doesn't mean that everyone else is wrong. This is the internet after all.

Last edited:
Whoa whoa man. No need to get so mad. We are just talking theories here.

Scientifically speaking, the more variables you have the more errors that can occur. So, since we were talking about a change in shutter speed, I kept everything except shutter speed the same (with the exception of ISO so that I could correctly expose).

And based on more scientific principles, the DoF is, on a FF 5D, at 85mm, with a subject distance of 3 ft, is about 0.5 inches (and I'm being generous) at f/1.4. That knife is about 8 inches long and my hand is coming from the front. That gives significant reason to believe that everything is out of focus at that working difference.

Just because you think you're right doesn't mean that everyone else is wrong. This is the internet after all.

You dont need to tell me about 5d i have one altering ISO higher can let ambient light into the shot you should know that

Sent from my GT-I9100P using Tapatalk 2

The room was virtually pitch black.

To separate my subject from the background. It was placed in a bathtub

I was limited on space (as I did not want to get water everywhere), so I used my aperture to adjust DoF vs lighting. I also did not want to set up any light modifiers, other than the snoot I used

Most reactions

Back