Flashbenders from ExpoImaging

Green Li

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Have you heard of these yet? Just released a few days ago.

Rogue Flashbenders

rogue-flashbenders-release.jpg

Pretty cool, I say :)

Last edited:
Just Joined NAPP, and it looks like they had a discount for members, but just expired on the 18th of June.

Just Joined NAPP, and it looks like they had a discount for members, but just expired on the 18th of June.
you may want to contact ExpoImaging. May be they will make an exception since you just joined.
when my iMac died a month after the warranty has ended they repaired it for free ($700 in repairs) simply because I asked :)

Last edited:
Invent a gizmo for the kitchen (or photography) and your financial future is assured. ;)

I would think you could make your own for about $5. $29.95 seems a bit overpriced.

Probably not. Do you have access to the bendable rods? They are what make the FlashBender different from other systems.

Devices like the Better Bounce Cards, OTOH, are fairly easy to make, if you want just a single-layer, white card or black with a small patch of white. What you pay Peter Gregg for is the ability to fuse the black and white materials and the belt. Try doing it with the foam adhesive by hand--it's a real mess.

I would think you could make your own for about $5. $29.95 seems a bit overpriced.

Probably not. Do you have access to the bendable rods? They are what make the FlashBender different from other systems.

Devices like the Better Bounce Cards, OTOH, are fairly easy to make, if you want just a single-layer, white card or black with a small patch of white. What you pay Peter Gregg for is the ability to fuse the black and white materials and the belt. Try doing it with the foam adhesive by hand--it's a real mess.
Sounds like you have one of these gizmo's.

Who says it needs to be bendable rods?

I envisioned 1" wide, flat sheet metal strapping, rather than rods. So I agree with Johnboy, but I think it could be done for 1/2 that $5.

Probably not. Do you have access to the bendable rods?

You mean like a wire coat hanger? Or maybe one of those rods that you use to keep the insulation up in crawl spaces, or any other small gauge wire? Yeah, I'm pretty sure I could come up with something.

Invent a gizmo for the kitchen (or photography) and your financial future is assured. ;)
I'm still trying to come up w/ a golf gadget. I'm pretty sure that would spell retirement.

Did some more work with FlashBender Reflectors. They turn out to be quite versatile.

Here is the review: Rogue FlashBender Small and Large Reflectors

rogue-flashbender-reflector-front.jpg
rogue-flashbender-reflector-curved.jpg

rogue-flashbender-snoot-vs-honl-photo-snoot.jpg
rogue-flashbender-large-reflector-vs-lumiquest-big-bounce.jpg

The large reflector is rather heavy. It may be to heavy for some flashes at some flash head tilt positions. It should not be a problem for off-camera work though.

Do you own these images you are posting?
I do own all the images, except for the very first one, which is copyright free (from ExpoImaging).

Most reactions

Back