Flashes

maxbennett

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
hello

i'm looking into purchasing a flash, but i'm not familiar in this feild. i am willing to spend anything under around $800 CAD (~$685 USD). i have a nikon d70s. here's my specifications:

i recently have started a new kind of photography - snowboarding. a friend of mine is really good (he might be pro, i'm not sure), and he wants me to shoot him doing tricks on urban rails/trees/etc. the one thing that has been bumming me out is that he always wants to go at night. with the d70s' built in flash, it barely does the trick. what kind of flash would be good for lighting up a large amount of space? also, i've worked with a flash with a cord, and i really liked it. is it possible to get this for a d70s? wireless perhaps?

any help is greatly appreciated :thumbup:

example of where a better flash could have helped:

tree-jam-1.jpg

Well, you are not going to be able to light up the night with a flash...but if you can set up some off camera light, it would probably make the shots look a lot better.

I don't know Nikon very well but I think they have wireless capabilities with their upper end flashes...check that out.

Either way, you are looking at some hard shots....night sky with white snow...that's going to be a tough one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back