Flashlight Tag - C&C

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by TheBoombaGnome, Apr 15, 2010.

1. TheBoombaGnome

TheBoombaGnome TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    A couple buddies and myself went out today and found the darkest wall we could find...We took two flashlights (which, I must admit, weren't as direct as I had hoped for), and we got some really cool long exposure shots...let me know what you guys think.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    ^^ We took a light-up Moosejaw Frisbee and just threw it back and forth for 30 seconds :)

The only editing I had to do to these was to crop out the useless ground/white siding on the top of building and to straighten them out, because apparently the ground there wasn't very level. I just used the clone tool in PS to tighten up around the edges, which were eventually covered with a black border that you cannot even really see.

Let me know what you guys think. We didn't have any chalk or anything, so we kind of had to eye-ball all of the writing. Do you guys have any suggestions as to what we could use to mark things out that isn't totally illegal? We thought about sharpies and then realized that that would be defacing public property...:thumbdown:

Last edited: Apr 15, 2010
  2. aliciaqw

aliciaqw TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Did this photo project give you a greater appreciation for the art of cursive writing? So sad no one uses it anymore...

Looks like you had fun. I'd think chalk would be OK as long as you took a sponge and wiped it clean afterwards.

3. TheBoombaGnome

TheBoombaGnome TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    It really did. I wish that I would've had the chance to write everything. But this was slightly tricked. I had my P&S Panasonic Lumix camera set to "Starry Night" mode, so that it would do longer exposures. The longest self-timer it has is like 10 seconds and we were a distance away. I actually had a notebook with us so that we could remember HOW to write half of that stuff in Cursive the right way!!!

We realized the chalk thing, and then we realized it was 1:00 A.M. and we were college students - we havn't used chalk since about 6th grade!! :lmao:

It really was a fun little project. We're actually thinking of going back out this weekend with more lights, more people, and a bigger wall :)

4. Alan92RTTT

Alan92RTTT TPF Noob!

Just out of curiosity where is that wall.

5. dyyylan

dyyylan TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Is Detreit your name?

6. MattxMosh

MattxMosh TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Detroit.

7. mrpink

mrpink No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Is Detroit your name?

yes, I get it.. just had to add that.

p!nK

8. TheBoombaGnome

TheBoombaGnome TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    That's actually at the University of Liggit Ice Arena in Grosse Pointe Woods. Its right up the street from all of my buddies and I...

He failed because he forgot how to do a cursive O...but we just figured we'd shoot a little Detroit pride :) We're going back out this weekend at another wall with more people and more lights...should be interesting...

9. TheBoombaGnome

TheBoombaGnome TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    So we went out again tonight.....:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Me and a friend of mine went up to the school by us and tied some glowsticks to that thing that spins around w/ handles around it...I'm not sure what it's called but it makes you really effing dizzy spinning around and around...but the product was SO worth it...let me know what you guys think!!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    I like the second one better only because of the simple fact that you can kind of make out his face through the light...it's pretty trippy.

I did a little bit of work on it to bring down the lights behind it all, and boost the lights...but I think it worked out really well...
    Both of the original images were taken with a Panasonic Lumix DMC-LZ7, f/2.8, 15 Second Exposure, ISO-100 and zero Exposure bias