Flatiron

Canoncan

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Toronto, today had Open Doors; a festival that Chiller gave me a heads up on. Went down today and shot a few hundred. Gonna Post them all. No just kidding. Here is one of the top of the Gooderham Flatiron Building that has been in many movies.

GridIron1.jpg

Another great photo from you!
Looks like your having great weather too. I love the colour of that building. It looks great contrasted agianst the blue sky. You wouldn't happen to have a shot with more of the building in it would you?

cool shot man! love the perspective on this one and what an interesting building. great sky :thumbup:

Great shot Canoncan.!!!! Both are very nice. I like the flare on the window and the sky. Did you get inside? I tried last year and the line up was down the street so I gave up.
I got to the Brickworks, and the Downsview airforce base. I also did StJames Cathedral and crematorium...very cool.

That first shot roks!
way to go;love the sun reflection.
Seems to be lacking a bit of contrast. Maybe boost it a bit and this puppy will pop!

I guess there are a few good things about TO ;) (winnipegger here)

Very good picture indeed. Hope you stoped in for a beer or two, the selection of beer there is awesome or at least use to be.

Chiller said:
Great shot Canoncan.!!!! Both are very nice. I like the flare on the window and the sky. Did you get inside? I tried last year and the line up was down the street so I gave up.
I got to the Brickworks, and the Downsview airforce base. I also did StJames Cathedral and crematorium...very cool.

Could not get in on Sunday, I did get to about 10 buildings in total. The Highlight the Elgin /Winter Theatres. The only functioning double stacked theatres in the world that are still working. Each of the two theatres also has baclonies to boot. Simply awesome.

I have never been inside either. The best building I have been in on the Doors Open Toronto tour, was the Don Jail. That was three years ago, but is now off the tour cause of the crumbling of the inside. And that was before I had a camera, so I never even got a pic. Cool you got to see 10 buildings. Looking forward to more pics.

Most reactions

Back