flickr color problems

goodoneian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
lately i've been experiencing weird things with flickr. all my pictures i upload get desaturated and almost an orange tint put to them. i shoot in sRGB and always have. don't know if this matters but photoshop is also set to sRGB. i never had problems with flickr before till around a month ago.

any ideas? am i doing something that could be causing this that i'm not aware of?

Have you checked your WB settings, also your colourspace in camera and your monitor calibrated etc. Looking at your flicker the earlier ones look fine, the recent ones look almost sepia, the whites are way off on this monitor and remind me of a problem I had after using a profile from a lab, RGB as opposed to SRGB. h

I haven't noticed this .. Which browser are you using? Although if your entire workflow is in sRGB, it shouldn't matter. But I'd still try another browser, just in case a setting or something was changed.

Iv been getting this intermitantly today aswell..

Have you checked your WB settings, also your colourspace in camera and your monitor calibrated etc. Looking at your flicker the earlier ones look fine, the recent ones look almost sepia, the whites are way off on this monitor and remind me of a problem I had after using a profile from a lab, RGB as opposed to SRGB. h

i almost always shoot in the "cloud" white balance. i checked my camera again and it is set to sRGB. my monitor isn't calibrated by any software because i had a bunch of problems last time i attempted that, but i don't think that should be effecting it could it? it never seemed to matter before

as you said, the most recent pictures in my flickr are whats bugging me. even though the originals have a sepia feel to them, they got even "warmer" you could say and the skin tones turned greyish once i uploaded them. i played with flickrs image editor thing to try to fix it but it didn't help too much.

Are you saying that the photos look different on your PC than the versions on flickr? I checked your flickr photostream, the first 4 photos do have a bronze tint to them, that could be caused by a picture control on the D300. But it sounds like this is not the problem and the photos look normal on the PC, they only get this bronze tint when viewed on flikr, correct?

Are you saying that the photos look different on your PC than the versions on flickr? I checked your flickr photostream, the first 4 photos do have a bronze tint to them, that could be caused by a picture control on the D300. But it sounds like this is not the problem and the photos look normal on the PC, they only get this bronze tint when viewed on flikr, correct?

yes, that's exactly what's happening. i don't think the picture control would be effecting this though since those were all shot in raw. and even if it was the reason for this my picture control is all set completely neutral.

If your monitor is uncalibrated and you "correct" color for what you view on it then the photos could well be off, if you have PS use adobe gamma to calibrate by eye, it'll be better than a totally out of sync screen.

You could also view one of the older shots to see if it looks odd now, you weren't using tungsten lights when taking these were you? or in a room brown/orange/reddish in color H

well i've been using the same monitor on all my pictures on flickr, and haven't changed any of it's settings so i don't see why now i would start having issues. i used spyder 2 before but had nothing but issues, which i posted a thread about months ago.

no i didn't use tungsten lights, and these were taken outside under a white cabanna. the only thing was that there was a relatively dim flourescent light about 10 feet above me that i couldn't completely kill since it was getting dark and i did'nt want a completely black background

It's not the monitor, otherwise the pics would look off on both flickr and his pc.

How are you uploading them? Through the website or a 3rd party uploader?

so i just uploaded 3 pictures to my flickr, and they all look exactly how they did on my camera. the thing is though that these were shot as jpegs, while the ones that got all funky once i uploaded them were shot as raws, then converted to jpegs. hmmm

Then are not using sRGB. Setting photoshop to sRGB is a misnomer. The image will ONLY be sRGB is explicitly converted to it, or created new in Photoshop, otherwise the default behaviour of photoshop is to switch it's working profile to the one embedded in the image.

Check the settings in CameraRAW or Lightroom or any other program you may use to edit the RAW to make sure that when exporting sRGB is used. Also this is not the default behaviour for either CameraRAW (AdobeRGB) or Lightroom (ProPhoto)

ah, thank you garbz. that seems to have solved the problem. :wink:

camera raw was set to RGB instead of sRGB to export. i'm sure how i didn't notice that before.

I have a similar issue with color differences with flickr uploads.

I export .jpg's from lightroom. When i upload to Flickr, it shows a desaturated image. I know it can't be a setting because i upload to facebook and it looks as it should.

here are the different photo screen shots from the same photo, same computer same monitor.

Photo before export in lightroom:
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i162/cesto/flickr issue/LR.jpg

Photo uploaded to Facebook:
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i162/cesto/flickr issue/FB.jpg

Photo uploaded to Flickr:
http://i72.photobucket.com/albums/i162/cesto/flickr issue/Flickr.jpg

I can not figure it out, please help.

I can provide any info you need.

Thanks

Most reactions

New Topics

Back