Flickr for kids?

jaomul

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Has anyone set up a Flickr account for their children. I realise there is sexual and horror/ violent images there also, and the settings can be set to safe, but would like others opinion in case it might not be appropriate

I don't know what on Flickr is considered 'safe'. I'd wonder if it was appropriate for kids. Maybe try some searches and see how long it takes to come up with a bunch of stuff that is inappropriate, or if it does.

I don't know how old a child you're talking about, but I don't know if there are many sites I'd let a kid set up their own account and use.

I think it's everywhere, even on Amazon. I was looking for bandages and searched 'bandage' and it asked did I mean 'bondage'? Uh, no. But then I went - did that just do/say what I thought it did?? So I clicked on it to see and yeah, that's exactly what it meant...

One typo, or in that case one prompt about a possible misspelling, and there you are.

I don't know what on Flickr is considered 'safe'. I'd wonder if it was appropriate for kids. Maybe try some searches and see how long it takes to come up with a bunch of stuff that is inappropriate, or if it does.

Ya, Flickr most definetly is not a place for kids, have to rethink this one

I would never even think of that for my kids. I don't even use it myself because of all the trash there you have to wade through.

I would never even think of that for my kids. I don't even use it myself because of all the trash there you have to wade through.

To be fair Flickr has its good points, and you do have to look to find adult content. My question originally probably should have been worded different. I am aware of whats on Flickr, I guess I wanted to see if anyone had set an account up for kids and how the safe settings worked out. Its innocent enough really, he sees me putting stuff on Flickr, he seems to like taking photos so asked me about a flickr account. I've already told him he is to young so we'll print some of his photos instead, win win

Perfect solution. :) He will be so proud when he sees his work framed and hanging he may just burst.

Anything that comes loaded as bloatware I get rid of and stay away from. Flickr, Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, Skype (although I used to use Skype before they became overly commercialized) or any of the other 'forced social media' garbage. They are just giant advertising platforms that forgot about the customers needs and how to best meet those needs.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back