Flickr, Jalbum, Photobucket...?

Sarah23

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Where do you host your album, if you dont have your own website yet? Who has the best terms of service regarding them usingyour photos?

I was trying to use Jambum, but when I go to publish it, I keep getting an error! Im a bit frustrated~:er:

I use flickr because of the local groups.

I have a sumg mug it was like 40 bucks a year and your albums look better than flickr to me. check it out
cheers

if I'm not mistaken, jalbum does not host images. It's merely an application that allows you to take all of your images, formats them for web viewing and then allows you to ftp them to a site you already have set up. I use it for my 'gallery' on my site. They may be into hosting too by now, I'm not sure, but I thought they were just a stand alone product and not a host.

For stuff I upload for viewing here, I use photobucket.

Flickr. Better people, more people, better community, more well known, much more well structured, direct for the artist, not just hosting.

To host my images, i use shareapic, because they have a automatic thumbnail option for your images that you can use anywhere and they pay you for the image views you get. They dont pay alot, but its better than nothing!

With the thumbnail option, your post just looks better, because instead of having 5 full size images where people have to scroll around alot, they get 5 thumbnails that links to a image that is resized to fit their screens and if they want the full size image, they can get that also.

I use Photobuket for forum posting and general use.

I also use Photo Lucidity for a collected gallery, but it's not like PB, I can not hotlink.

Flickr user. If I needed a more professional "look", I would be hosting my own website and design it myself all off of a shared server somewhere.

For $25US/year, UNLIMITED, it is hard to beat. Slideshow is acceptable, performance is good, 4 sized pics (from thumbnail to orignal size) are auto-generated... the groups are excellent, the security is so-so, but that is the same EVERYWHERE. If you have concerns about people stealing your work, don't post to the web anywhere, period.

flickr. I have to admint I haven't tried the others, though. Flickr seems to be the largest, which I guess is a good thing. :):confused:

If you have concerns about people stealing your work, don't post to the web anywhere, period.

That is one of the reasons i only upload a mall amount of my photos and most that i upload i resize by 75%, reduce the DPI to 72 and put my name on it :wink:

Currently i use a program called "Batch It! Ultra" to do all that for me.

Flickr allow me to share and interact with friends. Now Photoflow allows us to share, comment, and react in real time.

I use flickr, but what pisses me off the most is that 90% of all the comments advertise some stupid group that someone wants the artist to join. Its annoying because I like to see people post genuine comments, not friend requests.

I like flickr becuase of the upload tool. What would be nice is if it automaticly resized them so you can upload more photos without going over the 100mb per month limit. My way around that was to download the microsoft image resizer. Now when i highlight a few photos and right click there is an option to resize.

Luckly with shareapic there is no limit on bandwith or storage space (i love that).

For comments on the photos, i rely on forums :)

Most reactions

Back