Flickr not saving EXIF data anymore?

Jon0807

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've noticed that Flickr hasn't been saving the EXIF data of my photos anymore. Is there something I'm doing wrong? I know the data is still in the photos cause when I upload them to another site, the data is there.

Guess I should throw in an example.

This is from my flickr
2448625715_8c91f3b25c_b.jpg

This link is from the exact same photo
http://jon0807.deviantart.com/art/Sun-Worshipers-84154314

Not sure this is the best place to ask, but what is EXIF data? Is it what stores the shutter speed, ISO, f-stop, etc.?

Yes exactly. Shows what settings your camera was when the photo was taken.

Ahh Okay, Thanks...so on that other page you have the image on...the EXIF data is in the "Details" portion of the page?

Edit: Not in the Details portion but under the "Picture" sub-heading?

Standard Information
BlueMatrixColumn: 0.14307 0.06062 0.71393
ColorComponents: 3
ColorSpaceData: RGB
DeviceAttributes: Reflective, Glossy, Positive, Color
DeviceManufacturer: CANO
DeviceMfgDesc: Canon Inc.
DeviceModel: Z009
DeviceModelDesc: sRGB v1.31 (Canon)
FileModifyDate: 2008:04:28 12:54:39
FileName: 2448625715_8c91f3b25c_b[1].jpg
ProfileCopyright: Copyright (c) 2003, Canon Inc. All rights reserved.
ProfileCreator: CANO
ProfileDateTime: 2003:04:04 00:00:00
ProfileDescription: sRGB v1.31 (Canon)
ProfileFileSignature: acsp
ResolutionUnit: inches
Technology: Cathode Ray Tube Display
XResolution: 350
YCbCrSubSampling: YCbCr4:4:4 (1 1)
YResolution: 350
---------------------------------------------------------------------

I bet it is not flickr, but you.

I took this pic a few days ago and the EXIF is there:

2444568406_6d62af4646_m.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jerryph/2444568406/meta/

I think I found out what it is. You can only view EXIF data on Flickr if it's "original size". I've been resizing my pictures to 1800 x 1200 and the largest Flickr will let you view without being a subscriber is 1024x683...thus not showing EXIF data. So I can either resize to 1024x683 or smaller, or I can subscribe which I probably should so I can have more than 3 sets.

right side.. additional information.."more properties" link.. just where it's always been on mine. It's there on yours too.

right side.. additional information.."more properties" link.. just where it's always been on mine. It's there on yours too.

well hit me over the head with a spoon....I never noticed that lol. I was paying more attention to the info not showing up on the actual image when viewed on these forums. But I found the reason for that, being the image wasn't the the original size that I uploaded. It was resized by flickr. When you right click the photos the info doesn't show up unless it's the actual original size.

Slightly off topic, but is there a way to stop Photomatix from stripping the EXIF data?
What is it stripping? Whenever I've done HDRs in Photomatix it retains any Exif data that is consistent throughout every photo. Shutter speed gets wiped, but model, make, ISO, aperture, etc. all stay.

No, becuase what you are doing is mixing data from 2 or more pictures. What EXIF data would it know to keep? It then just strips it all.

Kinda logical too, if you look at it this way.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back