Flickr uploading colours wrong?

Plankton

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I just uploaded an image of a flower to my flickr at the same time as a shot of a building in B&W. The flowers colours totally got kicked out of wack and the picture tone got "warmed up" the house picture is fine how ever. I posted a shot of the original and the flickr version. Any one know what happened/ how to prevent this.

wtfflikr.jpg

-Javin

Yeah, I've noticed that too - flickr really messes up some of my photos, I prefer SmugMug myself.

Someone more experience may have a more specific answer, but it may be colorspace. If you have photoshop, export for web may help.

User uploading ICC colour profiles wrong.

That's basically it. If the internet displays differently than photoshop that's because you're uploading the image with the wrong colour profile. A neat side effect of thinking you have something to gain by using AdobeRGB or ProPhotoRGB. Most browsers are not colour managed. They assume everything is sRGB. If smugmug fixes this it's because they would convert to sRGB. So far out of the 200+ photos I've uploaded to flickr none have been stuffed up where it wasn't my fault.

Anyway to get around it in photoshop either click edit -> convert to profile and chose sRGB before you save. Or use the Save for web and devices feature and click convert to srgb.

Welcome to colour management

Excellent, thanks for the help guys. Fixed it. Now I'm just wondering why it only does this with that one photo.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back