Flickr?

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Peanuts, Aug 16, 2005.

1. Peanuts

Peanuts TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I am thinking about signing up for the pro account on Flickr which is $24.95 a year, and I am wondering if anyone has previous experience with it. If so, is there anything that you didn't like about it?

Also, what other photo hosting sites are available and what makes them better?

:confused: So confused.

(My apologizes if I posted this in the wrong section, I wasn't entirely certain)

2. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    What are you look for in a photo host? I don't really know much about them, but it might others to give you better advice.

You can buy photo hosting space on this site, and it supports the forum.

3. Peanuts

Peanuts TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I am mostly going to be using it for sharing with friends and family, and from just using the 'free' version, I was quite impressed how it allowed one to change the size and such, along with the slideshow, which supposively the relatives are quite fond of. (The older ones didn't quite understand how to navigate otherwise :D)

What all is included? As it would be nice to see my money being 'used' for the foum :D.

4. Big Mike

Big Mike I am Big, I am Mike Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/announcement.php?f=18

There a lots and lots of places to upload and share your photos. Some of them have neat features like slide show, some of them help you edit the photos, some of them allow people to order prints of your photos.
    If you find one that you really like, and feel that the fee is worth it...then why not?

There are plenty of free ones around though. I've had a community page on MSN for years and years...along with half a dozen other sites where I store my images.

You could probably set up your own web site and then have full control over how it looks etc.

5. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

I'll move this to the General Q&A which is it's natural home ;-)

6. hobbes28

hobbes28 Incredible Supporting Member

As a subscriber, you get the ability to change your title, and you get a 25MB gallery that you may upload your pictures to. On top of that you may attach pictures to your posts instead of having to upload them somewhere and link to them. Your $25/yearly contribution helps us to pay for things like our new server we just upgraded to and for other extras like our gallery software and the forum software. By no means to the subscriptions pay for all of the costs associated with running the website but they sure do help and we really appreciate all that everyone does give. :hail:

7. Dave_D

Dave_D TPF Noob!

8. colintinto

colintinto TPF Noob!

I use smugmug, as does at least one other person on here, as it was here I found out about it. I just liked the style of the galleries, and the fact that the storage is unlimited.

Colin

9. yaramon

yaramon TPF Noob!

Ingredients:

2 eggs
    1 slice Chedder cheese
    2 slices of bread
    1 teaspoon butter
    1 ounce SPAM

Cook eggs in medium size skillet in way of liking. Scrambled works best for sandwich. When done, slice off around a 1/2" slice of SPAM and cook until warm. Butter both slices of bread and put eggs, SPAM and cheese in between, making a sandwich. Grill the sandwich until brown. Serve warm. Serves one adult.

10. Matty-Bass

Matty-Bass TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I'm about to go register on http://www.pbase.com My cuzin uses it and says it's awesome! And it's only like 20$/year. pretty good. And a super sexy gallery :biggrin:

11. Alexandra

Alexandra TPF Noob!

i'm on myphotoalbum- www.myphotoalbum.com
    It's really cool and I think it has unlimited storage space, as well as slideshows and stuff. and it's free.
    Just click the banner in my siggy to have a preview of what it allows you to do. ;)
    (bit of self-promoting, here...)