Flooded Angel Statue

Geno

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a picture of a statue in a local park that has been flooded by the Iowa River. I'm not sure about the cropping. I couldn't get closer due to the flooding. Also, a picture of a bridge across the offending river. In #2, I see that there is some flare, I don't know if that is avoidable when looking into the light. C&C always welcome.

20080606-AngelStatueinCityPark.jpg

20080606-DamonIowaRiver.jpg

The flooding looks friendly and peaceful in the photo of the angel statue, different to what it really was like for most, I should assume. The reflection of the bouquet, making it a RING of flowers, is the total eye-catcher in this photo. An element that I like thoroughly, also because that "ring of flowers" shows the most colours here.

1. Very nice, I love the reflection of the flowers into the water. My only comment would be that the tree immediatley behind her is somewhat distracting. Perhaps a slight change in your shooting position combined with a shallower DoF could have combined to lessen it's impact.
2. Very nice - you've got the water perfect; yes, a little flare, but I don't think that's a major issue. Was that done with a cross-screen filter?

Nice shooting. The first one is right on. Love the reflections with the flowers. Good eye to catch that one.

Thank you for the comments. :D I too thought that the tree may be a bit distracting; I may go try to get a different angle before the water gets too high.

2. Was that done with a cross-screen filter?

I only had a UV Haze filter in place

Like them both. I think the first should have been shot w/a really shallow DOF so that the background isn't so distracting. What a sad image :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back