Flooded meadows

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The same river that also floods the meadows around the old mill floods all the meadows to its left and right these days (which is ok, they are there to be flooded):

Wmmewiesen_Jan07_01.jpg

Wmmewiesen_Jan07_02.jpg

Wmmewiesen_Jan07_03.jpg

Wmmewiesen_Jan07_04.jpg

Signs of winter? None.
Good light for pleasing colours? None.

I worked to get to the mood that Djengizz created in his "Gray" pictures, but did not get there, so I chose this path, trying to bring out what little colour there still is ... but I feel that some would do well with Djegizz's treatment, too.

Very beautiful, the first and the last ones are my faves. The last one really guides your eye snaking along the edge of the pool through the picture, and the first one is so nicely framed. I have a feeling that they will soon be a good place to go skating.

tim

Very nice Pictures!
My favorit is the second. The barbwire is a fine eye-catcher :thumbup:
When I watch these pictures, I remember a movie called "hard rain" :D

Thank you, Tim and Sebastian.
After I have seen your work on your site, Sebastian, I feel particularly honoured by your favourable comment.

Very nice. I like 2 & 4

Thank you so all :hugs:

Chris, the "tree house" actually is a construction set up by hunters all over the area (you see them everywhere, in all shapes and sizes, built into trees like here or built as "detached" structures on the side of the fields), so they can lurk for deer coming past up there and shoot them. And normally all the "lake" you see here is meadow, in fact (as the title is saying, of course, silly me).

And I could not leave Photo 3 (and its colour :biggrin: ) untaken, you see ;) ;) ;)????

#2 I like, the lighting is great

nice shots corinna, i'm always amazed by all that water... it rained for 2 days here and i'm lucky to find a puddle...

Thanks, Jason.
Yes, well, living on some sort of "drained swamp" does mean we get a lot of water - almost at all times of the year. We have a draining pump in the garden that keeps the cellar walls clear of too much underground water, else we'd have a damp cellar all year round ... But right now, what with all the heavy rain we've had of late, there is more than plenty there.

The second and fourth shot are excellent Corinna - very strong compositions.

Regards, Tony

Oh, nice work indeed!!! I like the compo/framing in #1, but my fave is #2, with all the 'lines'. And 4 rocks too. Great series.

Wow, glad I didn't miss this post. :)

My favs are #1 and #2. For #1, excellent composition and proper exposure, plus it conveys an authentic feeling that I can connect to. For #2, I find it quite beautiful. The contrast of different elements holds my attention. The only nitpick is that branch at the far right somehow disturbs the balance here..

Most reactions

Back