Flooding

Andrea K

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I've never seen anything like this where I live. Not really sure how serious it is; it's hard to tell because people are freaking out but I can't tell if it's because it's really a problem or because it hasn't happened in years. Anyway, I didn't think the flooding was as close to home as it was. These snaps were taken just down the road from me.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0005.jpg

DSC_0026.jpg

DSC_0016.jpg

ya man, its all over pa and ny. my home town was just evacuated a little while ago due to the chance of a dam giving out. My grandmother lives about 30 feet from the river that is expected to rise up to 6ft over night. that would put it in her livingroom

Yes, even we get footage of the floods in those parts of the States on our news!
That makes the fact that our cellar almost flooded on Sunday night harmless (we worked against it all four of us, Andreas with the pump outside in the pouring rain and the kids and I down there, trying to soak up the entering water with each and every towel and later also bed sheets and all we had in the house...). It was only rainwater here ... I would not want a RIVER to enter my house! Oh dear!

if you saw the news you may have seen a restraunt fall into a creek in a town called dolgeville. thats about 20 miles from where i grew up

Wow...that's scary stuff Andrea....stay safe, you hear me!!! You need to be safe so you'll still be able to ditch us next time we're in town! :lol: :p

Oh yeah this is crazy! In my backyard it was a shock to look out the window and see a small little river that wasnt there a day ago. My friend that was visiting california even called me becuase it was in the news over there.
(I live in maryland)
RIVER_1.jpg

RIVER_2.jpg

My brother loved it becuase he went out boogie boarding hahah but on a serious note, I hope everyone is ok

I left the day the rain started and well... I guess I'll figure out what my place looks like when I get back.... Sure has been nice in TX. :)

Most reactions

Back