Florida Adventure Part 1

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The latest hike was a trip to Florida for the 3 of us, a local photog named Jack Rogers was kind enough to help me find my way around to various wildlife places, and we sure had a good time. Daisy enjoyed seeing the Florida lifestyle, the beaches are so amazing there., we enjoyed some nice restaurants and I wore my self out big time hauling that kit of mine all over the place.

It sure was worth the effort, I would be back there in a second if I could be.. here are a few from the first stop in Orlando. We had no sleep Thursday night, and left the house at about 2:30 AM.. left Toronto at 5 am, landed at 930 am, got out of the airport at 11:30.. grabbed a pizza on the fly, and started shooting around 1:30 pm and I was far from awake!!

DSC_2785089w.jpg

DSC_2813091w.jpg

DSC_2817092w.jpg

DSC_2819093w.jpg

DSC_2823094w.jpg

DSC_2833095w.jpg

DSC_2888096w.jpg

It looks like I will have about 50 images to share, from about 2 1/2 days of shooting. I will break them up into several "parts", and post more through the week.

Florida is a haven for nature photogs.... as winter migration brings millions of birds south for nesting and procreation. I am learning that in another month or so, the breeding plumage and mating is at its peek, and it is the best time to be there shooting., so I am thinking about planning another trip.

thanks for looking!!

Wow, an awsome set of pics. Well done. The composition and focus on these is great. I love the shot of the bird flying over the Croc. :)

Wow, an awsome set of pics. Well done. The composition and focus on these is great. I love the shot of the bird flying over the Croc. :)

thats pretty much what I was going to say!
But is it a Croc or an Alligator?

Wow....awesome stuff as always Sir Ray. If ya ever decide to go to florida again...I would be glad to help carry that kit with ya. :lol:

Need a kit carrier next time you go?
I'd happily take classes from you!

And look at the colours in that first photo! :heart: WONDERFUL!

And the last blows me all over.
And the "flight over the gator('s nest)" is great, too.

But is it a Croc or an Alligator?
American Alligator, if I'm not mistaken. (I don't think there are crocs in the US).

Yep its a Gator. You see them everywhere.

I love your photos of the Herons.

Which coast did you take these on?

thanks everyone.. I don't mind that kit on my shoulder too much, I need the exercise.. but thanks for the cool offer.. I just am happy I have enough health and strength to get out there and do this.

We were in Orlando for these shots, then we when west to Ft Desoto, and Ft. Myers beach... and yes, it is an American Alligator.

best to all!

looks like the light was good out there ray.....great shots man :thumbup:

Gaaaaaah!! What an INCREDIBLE SERIES RAY!!!! You must have been grinning from ear to ear to see those crisp shots appear on your monitor. Wow wow WOW!

I knew Lafoto was gonna love that first (green) one...beautiful colours, detail, compo and dof. The details in the heron series blows me away...you can even see the ripple of water where a drop fell from the bird in #3 (which also has superb dof). But that last one, well, I'm speechless. Bravo.

Awesome as usual Ray, the last one is epic but the egret and alligator is a great capture.

Big Mike- actually there ARE american saltwater crocs in florida.

Most reactions

Back