Flower AGAIN REALLY?

reznap

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First picture of a flower I've put here... other than a macro of a stamen..

Not asking for specific c&c or anything but comment if you want I like the various opinions here.

edit: resized before uploading because photobucket rapes image detail

openup2forphotobucket.jpg

i really like the composition. The way the stamen is inbetween the two oof petals, its just a nice picture. my only comment is the shadow (i think) on the upper left hand corner of the flower. i think its from the "orange tipped" petal that caught more flash than it should have. But really, thats just nitpicky stufff.

Love this shot I like how the stem is out of focus, I was out the other day trying to take shots of tulips but noooo mother nature decided to make it windy which robbed that idea from me.. AND now theres snow yeaaa gotta love it.. But sorry for my rant love the shot whered you take it?

Nice shot.
Refreshing to see a flower shot on there with some good focus and clarity.

I want to look at this flower and my eyes keep wondering over to that blue dot in the upper left corner, wondering what that might be?

Honestly I did not expect a response. Thanks everyone.

I used my 50mm at 1.8, 1/200, ISO 200 and had a napkin draped over the flash.

I was in the house, my daughter picked the flower from outside so I had it in a vase. The blue blur is light reflected from the television onto the lamp (which was off). I wanted to do something simple and this is what I got.

EDIT: will post another thread with *gasp* more flowers (and other stuff) in a bit.

lovely photo. i would only deepen the blacks and eliminate the blue spot in the background; its a little distracting

^ Funny you say that felix, I actually bumped the black curve up a bit..
Thanks for all the comments. Here's a couple more. Yes I processed them a bit.

backlitblossom.jpg

#2 - the dim orange 'blob' is the sun
blossom.jpg

#3 - My favorite.. like a little umbrella. Actually spent a sec or two getting this one right.
umbrella.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back