flower at the zoo

photobug

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
bimjo.com
There I was, cruising around the zoo, taking pictures of the flowers. WHAT?? Yep, flowers. I try to never let the setting dictate what I shoot. If it looks good...

zoo_flower.jpg

Mark- nope, it was running around loose. Found it hiding beside a tree next to the path. It was flirting with the breeze, but I waited it out. ;)

Vood- no idea, but it sure was prominent amidst all that green stuff. :)

Beautiful!!! Did you jump the fence to get this shot? (ha,ha). Seriously now, I dig the pastel background and the hanging limbs. The flower is quite exotic and lovely.

Neat shot of an interesting flower Jim, of course I'd like more DOF but I'm guessing some of it may be wind movement.
The background works really well too.

:lol: @ craig- jump the fence? At my age? Once maybe. More likely to dig under it. :)

Sid- yeah the breeze was playing havoc with this. I waited about 15 minutes to get this. Had the shutter speed cranked up trying to freeze the movement, thus the shallow DOF. Tripod might have helped. [shrug]

Great picture, Jim! It does resemble a Japanese painting. I think it's because of the background color and subject matter. I really love the background by the way. The green shades adds a great effect.

It reminds me of a Japanese watercolor painting.

I agree, it's the first thing I thought. I think the background, the blurryness and the color have a lot to do with it. And the minimalistic composition and background. That green mint hue really adds to the japanese feel... color theory rules! hee hee

Most reactions

Back