Flower C&C appreciated

Cely

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I just took this photo the other day, and I thought it had some potential. Give me your thoughts please!

flowebw.jpg

Last edited:
is that background true bokeh or processed? nice DOF and contrast!

I like your tight DOF, but I wish the flower was more in focus. Maybe this is a personal preference... At any rate, I enjoy the contrast and composition of your piece - the peeling paint on the chair is really cool!

Bring up the brightness a bit, bring up the contrast quite a bit... get it so part of the shot is TRUE black and part is TRUE white. Then a bit of a sharpening pass. I think you'll see a noteworthy difference.

I'd do it and show you but you're flag says that if I edit your photos that your rip my eyeballs out and shove them down my throat.

Sorry for not responding sooner

@hungryone that is true DOF, my aperture was 1.8

@Mandra- yeah, I took other shots of it with higher f/stops, but this one appealed to me the most.

@manaheim- I think I would be willing to change my status if you could show me.

Thanks again.

Ok. This isn't PERFECT because I'm not working with the original, but it should give you an idea.

Brightness +20
Contrast +65
Unsharp Mask (will vary based upon image size, I would try 75%, 1 pixel, 3 threshold)

flowebwcmr.jpg

i think the contrast on the edited picture is a LITTLE too much, but better overall. i would have masked out the background and top of chair though, as the original looked better from the edge of the chair up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back