flower c&c

echoyjeff222

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I liked how this flower was the only one growing in that area. It just appeared out of nowhere! Tried to convey that contrast. I have a couple compositions that I liked. The first one conveys more of the fact that it was alone, and the second one is more of a true macro. I was hoping to get some thoughts on the composition and any other things that might stand out to you. Thanks!

IMG_4515 by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr

IMG_4519 copy by Jeffrey Lee, on Flickr

The second is much more interesting, imo. The first is OK as a record shot of what you saw, but the left side is kind of empty, so there is not much to balance the flower. The second has better balance and there's a diagonal line lower left to upper right connecting the important elements in the frame. The detail on the flower is very nice.

The second is much more interesting, imo. The first is OK as a record shot of what you saw, but the left side is kind of empty, so there is not much to balance the flower. The second has better balance and there's a diagonal line lower left to upper right connecting the important elements in the frame. The detail on the flower is very nice.
Thanks for the feedback. In the first one, I was trying to frame the central flower with the two on either side. Guess it didn't work out as clearly as I wanted it?

Very nice -- both of them.

Joe

Most reactions

New Topics

Back