Flower girl

Digitalis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.hoylesphotography.com
I had some time waiting for the bride to get ready at a recent wedding. I convinced the flower girl to pose for me while we both waited.

75691628.jpg

Cute kid, nice shot.

I always love to get shots of the kids when the action is otherwise slow. Kids grow up so fast, these shots often become favorites years later.

This is one of my favorite shots from a wedding I shot a few years ago. It was cold and I gave this little girl my coat...made for a great image, IMO.

nice mood and rich colours in this one

Nice! I wish her left arm wasn't hidden by the fold of her gown, and the white shoe is a bit of a bummer.

But really.... very nice! I love the expression.

Pete

Thanks for the feedback. I did not notice her left arm when I was taking the shot but now that you mention it I should have uncovered it more. As for the white shoes...I'm not sure what I could have done with that one.:p

Awww, I think it's cute. Since we know this was from a wedding, it doesn't bother me that her shoe is white. It's sort of a reminder of what day it was.

beautiful shot - colours, composition, expression and lighting are superb IMO x great job!! - Wanna share your lighting secret for this one?

beautiful shot - colours, composition, expression and lighting are superb IMO x great job!! - Wanna share your lighting secret for this one?

This shot was taken at the same time and place as the shot described in the following thread.

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=74688

basically an SB800 in a small umbrella, camera right. I just started using the umbrella and I love the effect that it gives. It takes away the "flashy" look by softening the light. The compact light stand and the double fold umbrella together are smaller than a tripod, weigh less and you can set them up in less than 3 minutes.

Thanks for the feedback. I did not notice her left arm when I was taking the shot but now that you mention it I should have uncovered it more. As for the white shoes...I'm not sure what I could have done with that one.:p

Maybe christie meant be able to see both shoes as oppose to just one?

Most reactions

Back