Alison

Swiss Army Friend
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
fatephoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been editing pictures from this wedding for a while and wanted to share the flower girls :) I'll share some of the bridge and groom in the next few days, but these little girls were a joy. All comments & critique are welcome and images are OTE. Thanks for looking!

1846-CRW_6477bwedit.jpg

1846-CRW_6523bw.jpg

1846-CRW_6341bw.jpg

1846-CRW_6342bw.jpg

1846-CRW_6347bw.jpg

1846-CRW_6325bw.jpg

1846-CRW_6332edit.jpg

These are SOO Cute!! My favorites are 2, 3 and 7... I have this feddish for feet pictures! Very nicely done, the conversion to B&W looks great.. I have a hard time with this.. Mine are like greyish!

I love the girl's expression in number 5 !! great job!

Thank you all for the comments! Holly, I'm glad you like the conversions, it's something I've been working on for a long time and finally feel like I'm getting somewhere! I shoot in RAW, adjust in PS as needed (usually sautration and contrast) and then convert using the gradient map. I started my love of photography in b/w film and I think that love has carried over to digital. I tend to see an imagine more as light than color if that makes any sense?

lovely series. beautiful tones!

I think 3&4 are great together.

I hate flipflops.
Otherwise beautiful stuff, #1 is very fun.

Alison said:
Thank you all for the comments! Holly, I'm glad you like the conversions, it's something I've been working on for a long time and finally feel like I'm getting somewhere! I shoot in RAW, adjust in PS as needed (usually sautration and contrast) and then convert using the gradient map. I started my love of photography in b/w film and I think that love has carried over to digital. I tend to see an imagine more as light than color if that makes any sense?

Heh, I thought I was the only one doing a gradient map for b/w conversions!!! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Thanks for the comments :)

Shark, nope you're not the only one. I use channel mixer as well but this was done with the gradient map.

Karalee said:
Oh my goodness, I love that feet shot!!! These are gorgeous!!

Your going to have to give us more info on the whole gradient map conversions!

Not to much info to give really! Have you ever used the gradient map? I just adjust the contrast and usually bump the saturation a bit and then just select gradient map (making sure the the color palette is set to the default black & white). I would say that gives me tones I am pleased with about 80% of the time. The other times I use the channel mixer.

Alison It makes sense.. YUP! WHen I did my black and whites I also used the B&W gradient map.. I find it a lot more Satisifying to my eyes anyway.. AND I can play around with the until I like it.. SOME times it doesnt always work, but most times it does.. U did a great job!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back