Flower - macro

plastii

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys.

Here is my latest shoot took during my trip to a park. I was wondering if someone knows what kind of flower is it?

Thanks

newsmall.jpg

I am unsure of what species of flower it is, nonetheless, what a fantastic image. Tac sharp and nicely done!

I'm glad you like it. Finally the winter is over so I can go out there and get some shoots.

Thanks for the info Digital Flower:)

I think it's a beautiful picture. Would you mind sharing the data on lens, f stop, shutter speed, etc?

I think it's a beautiful picture. Would you mind sharing the data on lens, f stop, shutter speed, etc?

It’s actually 5 photos combined to one. I used CombineZM to make it work. The settings were: f11, 1/200, handheld if I remember right.

5 to 1 ? you mean that's why its sharp all through?

curious how do you take 5 photo in identical positions to be able to combine them?

thanks in advance

5 to 1 ? you mean that's why its sharp all through?
curious how do you take 5 photo in identical positions to be able to combine them?
thanks in advance

Usually when you take macro shot the DOF is very shallow so one of the options is to “stack” them to get greater DOF.

Practice, practice, practice. The best idea is to use sturdy tripod so every shot is exactly the same.

I understanding the stacking using CombineZM, but I don't understand how to focus on the different parts of a flower to get the 5 photos. When you change the point of focus, are you not also changing the picture.

I understanding the stacking using CombineZM, but I don't understand how to focus on the different parts of a flower to get the 5 photos. When you change the point of focus, are you not also changing the picture.

It's up to you how many photos you are going to combine - it can be 2 or 30 (more is better). As long the focal lenght stays the same you'r fine - by focusing on different parts of the object, you creating greater DOF by combining all those photos.

But to focus on different parts of a flower, dont you have to move the camera?

No - the camera doesn't move - you just focus on different parts of the object. Give it a try and you'll see.

Most reactions

Back