Flower picture C&C Please!

Jhamb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello my name is Momoko and and Im new to photography, I've been taking pictures for about 2 mos, This was taken with a Sony Dslr a230 with a 18-55mm kit lens. I am pretty satisfied with these pictures , but I would like to know what someone else thinks of them! Thank you! :D

dsc05526p.jpg

dsc05571m.jpg

dsc05524.jpg

funky flowers, im only a newb but they seem a lil dark and blurry, pic 2 is the best though.

B x

Thanks! The third one is actually a cactus! Anyone else want to C&C?

lovely subjects. I personally find them a bit dark too, have you calibrated your monitor? If not search in your computer on how to do it.

In #1 I love the colors, I think getting down a little more and on a similar angle to the fron flower might make the picture a little more interesting, I find myself wantign to be able to see it better. I like the idea with the out of focus flowers in the back though.

I also think your photos could be bettered by using the rule of thirds, it really helps to pull the views in when you make your main focus point on one of the crosses of the thirds grid.

As a noob (newb), I have been looking for a way to make colors "pop". One easy way I found (by experimenting in Photoshop) was by adjusting the Hue/Saturation in. I agree with the need to lighten tham also.

ANyone have any other comments on how to make the colors "pop."

the first two are rather dark. I would either reshoot and have them be brighter, or make sure you shoot in RAW--it makes pp alot simpler sometimes. And i can be like "oops, its too dark. oh its in raw, thats a two second fix"

Good Job, but #2 seems underexposed. I know its hard to brighten it without blowing out the whites in the flowers, but you could mask those parts off and brighten the rest. Ideally it should have been exposed better in camera. When you brighten dark shadowy areas you tend to introduce a lot of noise.

3 needs better focus.

1 is the best of the three I think. Although it could use some Post Processing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back