Flower Study

K_Pugh

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Same with my Tree Study thread, just some flowers i had to shoot whilst walking my way up Goat Fell. I could have taken photos of these all day.

bw7-18.jpg

bw7-24.jpg

bw7-16.jpg

bw7-17.jpg

C&C welcome, anything i could have done to better them please let me know.

thanks.

C&C per req:
1. Perhaps a tighter crop on the main subject? I would suggest a portrait aspect rather than a landscape for this one which may have allowed you to get the whole stem in, and probably about one stop brighter.
2. I like this one much better, but now maybe 1/2 stop too bright? Hard to say. I would consider cropping the bottom a little the out-of-focus foliage to the right is a little distracting.
3. Very odd feeling to this one with almost a mirror image behind the main subject; exposure is good, just not sure if I like it or not.
4. The highlights on the main subject are a little strong, and again a crop on the right to eliminate the distracting foliage would help.

Just my $00.02 worth - your milage may vary.
~John

Yeah, i sort of thought that in the first shot the whole stem would have been much better. I had a fear of blowing out the sky in the first shot also, probably why it's a little dark.

The flower behind the flower in the forground in the third shot was intentional although i think if i had moved left further and panned right so that there was more seperation between them may hve worked better.

I'll have to spend more time with my shots lol.

I actually really like the first shot with out a crop.

And the third shot works for me, alot actually. Very cool

All in all I think they are all very good

Most reactions

Back