Flower up for C&C

kelli_anne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
took this today, has not been edited

4549356443_a83c5f8806.jpg

The colors, exposure, sharpness, DOF, it all looks great. I agree with Colin on a tighter crop.

I love the separation in the water where the flowers are poking through in the background. That being said, that's where my eyes were initially drawn to and I agree with Ron that a different composition (or slight crop) would have made this a perfect pic!

to me the flower does appear edited where the bottom leaves meet the green somehow it doesn't appear to be resting naturally but i love the composition of the photo and oddly enough i think the buds coming out of the water are the stars of the photo

to me the flower does appear edited where the bottom leaves meet the green somehow it doesn't appear to be resting naturally but i love the composition of the photo and oddly enough i think the buds coming out of the water are the stars of the photo

The flower has not been edited. I do not own any edited software at this time (due to being a student=very tight budget!)

Thank you all for your comments. I hope to be getting my digital edit software this summer and will work with this photo and take in you ideas!!

I like the shot but like mentioned above a tighter crop would make it more detailed Great shot though :D

I think its natural it doesnt seems to be edited, well what ever creating really beautiful image, while looking at picture you have really lovely feelings

what were the exposure settings? just curious.

A slightly tighter crop and you have a winner.

what were the exposure settings? just curious.

It was a really grey day and all of my photos were turning out flat so in the exposure i went down to -0.3 so that there would be a little more contrast. This was taken inside a green house at a flower show. No flash was used.
Shutter 1/200
F-stop 4.8
ISO 1600
210mm

Kelli
I hope to be getting my digital edit software this summer and will work with this photo and take in you ideas!!

You do not have to wait, you can download PhotoScape for free. I use it all the time for jpegs.

I shot everything in RAW + jpeg I would really like to edit my RAW images. Plus this summer I am take digital editing class through school. So I am going to be able to buy a package deal for around $400 that retails for around $1300 (gotta love student discounts!!)

Most reactions

Back