Flower

PreludeX

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Id like to have this close up shot critiqued! and please more than one person commenting would be nice....

PA1290B1646534.jpg

I think most are going to tell you to increase your DOF with a smaller appaeture (sp), but I'm an artist, and like the fade away into the dark. If it had a lighter background I might think differently. Composition wise, it is close to excellent, though cropped slightly closer than I would have. I would also edit the petal out of the left edge. The colors are great.

Hard to critique with that small an image but here goes!

It doesn't seem to me you've focused in on anyone flower to be the main subject, rather it's just all of em bunched in there. In these types of shots theres usually like one flower that is the center of the attention or different in some way. As it stands my eye is looking for something to stop on and it never finds anything so I just keep going over the purple. Also I think you cropped the most in focus flower which I prolly wouldn't have done.

Apart from that I like the colors and the background is good and blurry and black.

All that is just IMO so take it with a grain of salt.

actually through the loupe on the light table the left side of the two flowers in the front is in most focus... the print itself is actually brilliant

Most reactions

Back