Flowering Tree

aggiezach

Yup...
Reaction score
Website
jessandzach.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was taken with my Minolta Maxxum 5 on T-Max 400. Scanned in with a Nikon CoolScan IV.

tree-flowers-small.jpg

Let me know what you think. Thanks

Nice shot mate!!

a couple of things:

1) it looks slightly washed out like there is not enough contrast maybe, or something, i cant tell

2)is the print square, or did you crop it?

great work!

md

Howdy,

I did crop the original image. There were some flowers that were starting to die and I didn't think that they needed to be included. It also seems to lose some of the contrast when I scan the negatives. The original image is a bit more contrasty (is that a word) I'll try to get a better scan of the image one of these days. Thanks for the comments! It was a pretty sunny day so I think I could have exposed a 1/2 stop or a full stop under also. What do ya think?

Zach

This is a very nicely composed image. My big problem is that it is taking on such a greenish tinge, it's distracting. I always hesitate to comment much on tone and color because I know my work monitor is pretty bad, plus there are the added variables of what gets lost in the scanning process. But I'd like to see this image in its real, B&W contrasty form. Good job!

It is kinda green but I like it that way. My biggest deal other than it is washed out after the scan is that the upper right hand corner looks like it could use some burning.

When I first look at this one this morning, I liked and still do, but something is bugging me about it, I think agree with Terri (sorry karissa) about the contrast and color scan

Most reactions

Back