Flowers C&C Please

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by WDodd, May 18, 2007.

1. WDodd

WDodd TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

:wink:

2. New England Moments

New England Moments TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Hi Wdodd!! in my opinion, the background flowers , even though in blur are stealing to much of the show... I think you need probably a smaller F/stop number then what you used , for even stronger blur... or perhaps a tighter crop...

The subject tulips are not as strong color wise as the blurred ones, this is creating the battle in this frame... also the subject tulips have some hott exposure spots here and there.. looks like a 12 noon type shot with the lighting.. the best tulip in the pic, is the one in bottom left foreground..this one is probably the sharpest, and best exposed, this could be because of the filtered lighting its receiving..

I really would try a re shoot if they are still in bloom, with different lighting, this lighting a little harsh for the delicate flowers...

you could also , if flowers is your bag , carry a large cardboard with you to help block unwanted sun... set the timer, tripod naturally, and hold the cardboard...

3. WDodd

WDodd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks a lot for the tips. I could just of easily shot the flowers in the background that were getting no sunlight at all (shade of a tree). I will be going back to the garden this Sunday most likely if it is nice.

Oh, and I went back and checked on my f-stop and it was 1.8.

4. OttawaPhotog

OttawaPhotog TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think, if i have learned it right or not, you need to stand a little futher away from the subject in this case, which will cause the background to be more out of focus.....

am i wrong ???

5. WDodd

WDodd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I believe you are correct.

6. BoblyBill

BoblyBill TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    :lol: :lol: Save some of the critque for the rest of us :lol: :lol: You pretty much said everything that I was thinking about this picture plus more. So WDodd, instead of repeating what New England Moments had said I'll just point to his post. ^^^^