Flowers C&C

Discussion in 'Critique Forum Archives' started by WDodd, Jun 14, 2007.

1. WDodd

WDodd TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I need to know what everyone thinks about the background, too distracting? Could the picture use a bit more DOF on the flower?

ISO 100
    1/640 @ f/2.2
    50mm

[​IMG]

Link to the original (after cropping): http://farm2.static.flickr.com/1233/548505494_24dca73b7a_o.jpg

All I did was crop some of the extra space because I thought there was too much. Thanks a lot.

2. hahastar

hahastar TPF Noob!

background distracting? yes. i will blur some more on background. the flower feels a little soft. also not enough texture due to overexposure, IMO. you may want to consider a chang of angle. just my 2 cents.

3. jimiismydaddy

jimiismydaddy TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I dont think you have any blown highlights but it is a bit soft. Your background is ok, but blurring it a little more would make the flower pop out a little better.

4. WDodd

WDodd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Any suggestions on getting a sharper image?

jimiismydaddy: I'm confused about what you said about the background. some more what exactly? :D

5. Trenton Romulox

Trenton Romulox TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I like the background. Is it busy? Absolutely, and that's what I like. So often photographers are so afraid of a busy background that they just make a boring background. Your background, now while it may be a tad bit distracting, is good because it actually depicts something, color. Colorful backgrounds are extremely difficult to do with a shot like this without it taking away from the subject. Now, perhaps your background does take a bit away from the subject, but not a whole lot, but the fact that you took a shot with a background like that is applaudable. People have to be brave with backgrounds, and I'm glad you were. Nice work.

6. WDodd

WDodd TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Thank you very much. I sat there and I saw the field of rose bushes and I was just trying to come up with a way to depict it artistically. Anyone can do the shot where they snap off a picture of all the flowers.

7. JIP

JIP No longer a newbie, moving up!

I think it is a little distracting only because the colors are so close to the subject. I think it might be a great place for a person. It almost seems like there should be a person between the rose and the background.

8. sage95

sage95 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I disagree with changing the angle that it was taken from. I actually like the shot but I do agree that the background is a little distracting.