Flowers/Floral Stuff

Yes, I must agree with Mark here, this is a VERY interesting perspective: there you went in order to find some graffiti, and you come home with this one. Wonderful!

All my flower photos are BORING compared to yours!

Link gone :(

Last edited:
I found this old scan of pink roses on my computer; it may need to be rescanned
Took the shot in Port-Royal Nova Scotia back in 99

97807099vac13.jpg

Canon A-1

When my sister was here, we went through a couple of my albums where I found some nice photo motifs that I thought I might share.

Sorry, all of them are "old" (from last summer), but a) there are only few "Flowers2004" out as yet, and b) my latest 5 rolls of films are all "under way", which does take sooooo looooooong, what with the Easter holidays....! For in my country EVERYTHING closes from Good Friday until today...

But here, after too much lamenting, a couple of flowers for this theme:
Links gone :(

Does anyone happen to know what these flowers are called? I saw them at the International Flower Exhibition in Rostock last year and - erm - well, am sure to have read their names on their respective plaques, but... oh, my memory.... (groan!).

But I happen to know that...

...this is a daisy,
...this is a poppy,
...this is larkspur and
...this is a rose :D.

And these are roses:

Last edited:
This one probably won't make past the DOF monsters but I'm finally getting the hang of making my scans look like what's on the slide.

Last edited by a moderator:
Two photos of the same: one of the first daffodils of 2004

Can't find the English name for this little wild flower. It's out and about in abundance at this time of the year...

...and so is this one
...of which I don't even know the name in German.

Last edited:
I have a bazillion photos of flowers but only a handful on disk (and none of the best ones of course) . . . but here are a couple I did manage to find lying around.

(btw, black background done with black posterboad/indirect sunlight and no photoshop)

rose2.jpg

macro.jpg

can.jpg

Since narcissus are out and about in abundance at this time of the year - or rather were two weeks ago, now their time's up, as it seems - I've got yet another couple of photos of those (I particularly liked THESE because of their rare colouring and because of the fact that they were backlit by the sun when I came upon them in a park):

And I just love the fields of dandelions that I get to see all around me right now:

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back