Flowers/Floral Stuff

painted flower.jpg

Fred, very interesting quality to these. They seem almost like illustrations. Had you used some HDR-ish effects in your editing?

Thanks, John.

No, the first is slightly cropped, the second is also cropped and I needed to increase the exposure a little in post as it was slightly dark, but the third is SOOC.

They were taken with a Leica Digilux 1 using the close-up setting at f8 and aperture priority mode. I almost always use centre weighted metering with this camera as the results are usually very pleasing, and this was the case here also.

Last edited:
Fred, very interesting quality to these. They seem almost like illustrations. Had you used some HDR-ish effects in your editing?

Thanks, John.

No, the first is slightly cropped, the second is also cropped and I needed to increase the exposure a little in post as it was slightly dark, but the third is SOOC.

They were taken with a Leica Digilux 1 using the close-up setting at f8 and aperture priority mode. I almost always use centre weighted metering with this camera as the results are usually very pleasing, and this was the case here also.
That digilux seems pretty cool.

That digilux seems pretty cool.

Yes, it certainly is a sweet little camera. By today's standards I suppose it's a bit of a joke, but the results speak for themselves and I love using it.

• 4.0 Megapixel
  • Optical Zoom 3 x
  • Optical Sensor Size 1/1.76" (crop factor 4.8)
  • Optical Sensor Type CCD
  • Vario-Summicron lens (1:2.0-2.5 / 7-21 ASPH)
  • 1/1000 - 8 s
  • Old school :)

Most reactions

Back