Flowers in a Vase C&C

FemFugler

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
C&C Would be greatly appreciated on these. Thanks.

OldPhotographsFlowersAmandaOldCa-3.jpg

OldPhotographsFlowersAmandaOldCa-2.jpg

This one i think the colours are slightly off because it was slightly underexposed. I lightened it up a bit in LR because i liked the way i did the shot but it still didn't really turn out the way i wanted as the colours are still blah but i thought i would post it anyway....
OldPhotographsFlowersAmandaOldCa-1.jpg

OldPhotographsFlowersAmandaOldCa-6.jpg

I made one B&W just to play around...
OldPhotographsFlowersAmandaOldCa-7.jpg

Sorry for so many pictures. I know your only supposed to post a few at a time.

Hello, The exposure looks pretty good, slightly over I think. Maybe a bit more contrast would help make 'em pop a bit more too.

It might be helpful to use a black or white backdrop so you don't see the table and chair. That would help keep the focus on the flower. Then try several angles, and isolating a flower or two and getting in closer (like the first one). Shoot from the side of the flower, and across. M

This may give you an idea or two. I'm no expert on flower shots though, but I did post that article, just to show how a couple basic ideas can help an inexpereinced flower guy like me make something decent.

What can you use as a backdrop? Like what kind of fabric or material? Is there a low cost way to do it?

Also i don't have an external flash, which i understand makes it sort of difficult to shoot inside. :/

Eventually i will get a flash and what not i'm just between jobs right now so i'm trying to save money right now....

Thank you very much for advice and link by the way!

What do you think about the focusing? I didn't use a tripod for these so they may be slightly out of focus but they *seem* to be ok to me for the most part.

For my shot I used a cheap cotton black sheet from Wal-mart.

Without the flash you can setup next to a window and use the window light. If it's really bright and strong sun then diffuse it with a white shower curtain, white sheet, white window blinds, etc.

The focusing is good, especially considering hand held at 1/25.

With fresh eyes this morning, the shot does not look overexposed as a whole. The yellow flower is just pretty bright, so maybe tweak in post processing.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back