Flowers, lake, & NYC

Jenna

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are some old pictures taken -when I used a kodak camera- of flowers and a lake close to where I live, so I thought I share.

flowers, i'm really happy how some of these came out.:)
MacroPictures006.jpg

MacroPictures005.jpg

100_1768.jpg

100_1861.jpg

100_1832.jpg

100_1845.jpg

100_1849.jpg

lake
LakeweedRustyResivior012.jpg

So what do you think?? :D

By the way just so you know I split up the NYC pictures, they'll be posted in General (thanks for idea LaFoto!!) :)

Well, first of all I want to say

Welcome to ThePhotoForum, Jenna! :D

Nice to see you very young photographers here, you are only as old as my daughter (even a couple of months younger).

Then I think that you might have done better to divide your post in two and put up the flowers here, on their own, maybe along with the lake, and the NYC ones in our General Gallery, and on their own, as well.

Like this, your post is very "picture heavy" with 17 photos, which might make many a member skip it?

You can still decide to edit your post and re-post the NYC pics in General.

Nice first work.

I guess I'll split it up, thanks.

Well, as to the lake pic ... it kind of summarizes a lot of what can go wrong in the composition of a photo, what with the horizon being crooked and placed in the very centre of your frame. Now if you were going to ask our mysteryscribe here on the forum, he would praise all these flaws and stress the fact that a photo carries other things, or should carry other things so we may neglect all these compositional or technical finesses. Well, I am not so sure. If it is a photo that only YOU want to hold dear and cherish, ok, anything goes. If it is one you put out to a certain kind of public (like us who we are your "internet audience" now ;)), also those viewers should possibly "feel" something from your photo, and the lake-photo does not make me feel anything. It only makes me notice the flaws.

Having said this is nothing against you personally, I am sure you understand, and all is spoken in all friendliness just so you see that it might be helpful to observe SOME ancient old "rules" ("conventions", to speak with the vocabulary of our member Hertz) such as the much quoted rule of thirds which would have made you place the horizon EITHER on the border to the upper third of the frame or on the border of the lower third of the frame.

The flowers are really nice, though I am not such a big fan of use of on-camera flash in connection with flowers. But you certainly saw and photographed some beauties here.

Most reactions

Back