Flowers mix (56k-10 pics)

KenCo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.takingthepic.com
All shot using house hold lights as I don't have a flash......and recorded my processing of the first into an action and batch processed the rest using this action.

1:
flower-10.jpg

2:
flower-12.jpg

3:
flower-13.jpg

4:
flower-14.jpg

5:
flower-15.jpg

6:
flower-16.jpg

7:
flower-2.jpg

8:
flower-3.jpg

9:
flower-8.jpg

10:
flower-9.jpg

C&C always appreciated.
TFL.
Ken.

Wow great shots all, my favorites are 1 and 7.

Whoa...nice shootin Ken. Excellent use of the light. Tough to pic a fave but if i had to pick it would be a toss up between 5 and 7 Nice work man.

great shots ken! i need to get CS2 so I can work on actions like this, i bet that saves you loads of time, huh? My favorites of this series are the orange ones, love those. They're all great though... :thumbup:

Yes, these are very beautiful!!!! Flowers are really not my thing but these photos are wonderful.

Hard to tell, but I think I like the first photo here best of the whole lot. I really like your composition of that one with the big amount of empty space to the right from where the light seems to come (folds of background cloth suggesting some "rays") and yet does NOT come. Cool.

These are amazing...I just didn't understand how you did it? Did you have a backdrop, or did you edit them? I would love to be able to do something like this as I take pics of flowers all the time...How did you get this effect?

Thanks very much for the comments, always appreciated.
Bettybooty said:
These are amazing...I just didn't understand how you did it? Did you have a backdrop, or did you edit them? I would love to be able to do something like this as I take pics of flowers all the time...How did you get this effect?
The light is one of those arm type lights with joints to position although it does have a flourescent bulb which is a daylight bulb....it's the wifes and she uses it when doing cross stitch as it doesn't cast any colour when trying to determin thread colours. The fabric was bought from a local store to use as a backdrop...just cheap stuff a couple of quid for a couple of metres, they do loads of colours but I just bought one black and one white, I might try some high key with the white.....
HTH.
Thanks again.
Ken.

I really like these photos, especially the way you used the light.

Most reactions

Back