Flowers, sky, etc... Opinions?

Discussion in 'Nature & Wildlife' started by Fictional Warrior, Jul 17, 2009.

1. Fictional Warrior

Fictional Warrior TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I don't brag about the pictures I take. I take them because it's fun and I enjoy doing it. I don't have big or expensive cameras (no DSLRs here lol), but I do the "best" with what I have.

I mainly take photos of nature. Be it: Flowers, animals, the sky, etc... Just figured while I was here I'd show what few pics I have uploaded on the net. (Dial-up internet is evil, so I don't upload many.) All of the following pics were taken on a Canon Powershot A570 IS Digital Camera, except the ice one, that was with my new camera. Last Christmas I received a Panasonic Lumix DCM FZ28K, and I haven't had much chance to use it yet. Hopefully I'll be able to get more shots with it soon.

*~Flowers and Such~*
    Lilacs
    Orange Flower (not sure what type it was >.<)
    Spider on Lilacs (Close up cropped image of a spider on some dark purple lilacs)
    Wheat(I think it's some form of wheat... Not really sure, one of the first pics on that camera)
    Rose with Dew Droplets (My favorite pic I've taken.)
    Ice Droplet

Well, now that the flowers and such are out of the way, here's a few shots of the sky at different times and places.

*~Sky~*
    Firey Evening Sky
    Pretty Clouds Hiding the Sun
    Lunar Eclipse

Well, any feedback on any of them? It'd be nice to hear some honest opinions.

Thanks.

2. Rere

Rere TPF Noob!

In NC, but currently my husband and I are workcamp
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Love the Orange Flower, Lilacs, and Rose. And Lunar Eclipse is nice. Pretty Clouds...,for me, is not that interesting, and the telephone pole (or whatever it is) also tends to distract.

I think that if you could bring out the fading tree in the back of Firey Evening Sky this might help this picture--though the color is nice, in my opinion, there needs to be a little more detail or a well defined interesting subject here.

3. Fictional Warrior

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for the feedback, and luckily, I had a picture already fixed of that "pretty clouds" one.

[​IMG]

Any better?

4. Rere

Rere TPF Noob!

In NC, but currently my husband and I are workcamp
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Yes, it's better, but, IMO, not as interesting and beautiful as your flower pictures.

5. dab_20

dab_20 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think many of these are very nice. Thinking a little more about interesting compositions would improve your work greatly. You do a great job with what you have though

6. Fictional Warrior

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thanks for the comments, both of you.

And I'm not totally sure what you mean Dab, do you mean like... Some more interesting angles, subjects, or...?

7. dab_20

dab_20 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Angles.. For your flower pictures, try some more creative angles. Compositions (how you fill your pictures) can turn an average picture into a great one. On some of your sunsets and sky photos, try to add something in the photo ( a sillohwetted landscape for example).

8. Fictional Warrior

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Oh, ok, thanks for the tips. I'll have to try that when I get the chance again.